Saturday, November 27, 2010

I will take things that suck for $100,Alex." ....An E! rant

So, the demon spawn and I were flipping through channels and stopped on E! because "Top 10 Vampires We Love" was just starting.
Let me begin this rant with I'm NOT anti-Twilight BUT COME ON!!!!!!
There are quite a few vampiric charmers out there BESIDES anything spawned from Stephanie Meyers.
I'm beginning to think if she crapped out something that looked like Sloth from Goonies and had the mentality of  the Jersey Shore cast it would have been considered for this mockery of a list.
They had a few decent mentions among their numbers,like Seline from Underworld,and Eric Northman from True Blood, but how can we gloss over the most important vampire icons that existed before Twilight was even an embryo in SM's head???

#1 David from the Lost Boys played by a very yummy Kiefer Sutherland. "Maggots, Michael, you're eating maggots. How do they taste??" Do I need to say more? I think not.
#2 SPIKE FROM BUFFY (James Marsters) Ya, ya, I know what you are thinking, I apparently have a platinum spiky haired vampire fetish. Naaa, he just was way more chompable then Angel.
#3 Louis and Claudia anyone?? Or is that just me? And we all know we would love to see the outcome of a Claudia and Jane epic battle.
#4 Barnaby Collins...really that's all I really have to say there.
#5 Bela Lugosi and Gary Oldman, representing the big D himself!!

Now as much as I would like to add the literary versions to the list, I stuck to film and TV as not to completely rip E! to shreds. I have to give it some love as it houses my Joel McHale. V~V

DISCLAIMER*** YES THE AUTHOR OF THIS POST IS BITTER AFTER SUFFERING SEVERE MENTAL RAGE THAT THE TEENAGE KIDS, WHO WOULD NAME CALL AND NOT STEP FOOT INSIDE HER PLACE OF EMPLOYMENT FOR FEAR OF ALL THINGS DIFFERENT OR RUN SCREAMING FROM HER IN DARK ALLEYS, ALL OF A SUDDEN THOUGHT VAMPIRES WERE COOL BECAUSE A PSEUDO TEENAGE HEARTTHROB PLAYED ONE IN A MOVIE.

"These aren't vampires,man. These are douche bags." Dean Winchester

No comments:

Post a Comment